HALLOWEEN TEMPTATIONS + TREATS
Halloween is fast approaching, but you already know that. The bowls of “fun size” and “snack size” candies will be tempting you for weeks. It might seem innocent–after all, you can devour one in a single bite! But that makes it devilishly easy to consume in mass quantities, and before you know it, you’ve eaten two king-sized bars worth of chocolate. And, whether or not you’ve given in to temptation yet, you’re probably wondering how many calories one of these little bite-sized candy bars packs.
Buy candy you don’t love
Move the candy jar - out of sight, out of mind!
Savor one piece of your favorite candy a day
Chew gum - sugarless gum gives your mouth a burst of sweet sensation for very few calories
Replace the candy with better choices - plan your meals!
Sip on a low-calorie beverage
Source: Deliver Lean
Let's get JACKED 🎃
Try some of these quick exercises to burn off those spooky, sweet treats!
Fun-sized Kit Kat bar (3 pieces/210 calories): Run for 20 minutes or walk at a moderate pace for one hour.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (1 individual cup/105 calories): Cycling workout for 25 minutes or swim laps for 15 minutes.
Fun-sized Almond Joy (1 bar/80 calories): 15 minutes of intense HIIT class, 30 minutes of yoga or 15 minutes of golf
Fun-sized Snickers bar (2 small bars/160 calories): Weight training for 45 minutes, take a hatha yoga class for one hour
Fun-sized M&Ms (3 mini packs/180 calories) Cross country hiking for 30 minutes, go dancing with friends for 30 minutes
Fun-sized Hershey's Chocolate bar (1 small bar/77 calories) 10 minutes of racquetball, jump rope slowly for ten minutes
Fun-sized Whoppers (2 bags/60 calories): Moderate rowing machine workout for 10 minutes or a slow jog for about a mile
Candy corn (about 20 pieces/140 calories) Walk at a brisk pace for 35 minutes or play ping pong for 30 minutes
Starburst (One piece/20 calories): Shoulder presses for one minute and three minutes of seated rows.
Protein Pumpkin Cookies
2-3/4C Oat flour
1t Sea salt
1t Baking soda
1t Vanilla extract
1/4C Raw honey
1-1/3C 1st Phorm Level-1 Vanilla Ice Cream
1- 4oz Baby food jar of applesauce
1/2t Ground cloves
1C Organic canned pumpkin
1/3C Dried cranberries
1/3C Chopped walnuts
– Mix 1st Phorm protein powder and all other dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Mix all wet ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
– Next, combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix for 2 mins at medium speed with a hand mixer. Dough will be slightly sticky- this is what you want 🙂
– Place dough in refrigerator for 30 mins to set. When dough is nearly set, preheat oven to 350*
– Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray and drop cookies about 1.5″ in size using a spoon or cookie scoop.
NOTE: Cookies won’t spread much while so they only need about 1.5″ space between one another.
– Next, flatten cookies slightly by using the back of a spoon sprayed with non-stick cooking spray so dough does not stick to it.
– Place cookies in preheated oven and bake 8-10 minutes.
– Remove and place onto a cooling rack and let cookies fully cool before packaging in an airtight container.
Yields 30 cookies
Nutrition per cookie:
Nutrition per cookie without cranberries and walnuts: